Certified Professional Midwife
Christian, Traditional-Naturalistic Midwife
Serving families since 1981
I am putting some new guidelines upon my service radius and new clients.
1- I serve Mississippi Mother's within a 1 and 1/2 hour radius of my office.
2- I will only take repeat clients in other states, others will be very specifically considered.
3- By God's plan, a woman should put HIM first, Husband second, Children/Grandchildren third, and then Ministries. So these mandates require I put a governor on my radius and number of clients.
God has truly blessed my ministry and life and I desire to be obedient to HIS commands.
By God's desire; He has called me to serve expectant and new Mothers, as well as their families, as they seek to have the birth experience they each individually desire. I serve as God calls me; knowing fully that He has called me to serve and God did create mothers to birth.
I serve by presenting childbirth classes to my Mothers and their families as they prepare for their desired personal birth experience and as their Midwife during labor, birth, and postpartumly. It has been my privilege to serve my families since 1981.
I maintain this site in the hope of informing My Mothers of childbirth classes, care providers, workshops, and services that they might desire and benefit from.
I believe my 'calling' from the LORD is to be a midwife to His daughters (51%) and to teach other Ladies how to better serve expectant and new Mothers and their families. Therefore, I do take midwifery very seriously.
My prayer is that each mother and baby have a safe and happy BIRTH day.
Renata Hillman - Birthing Options
Birthing Options' Traditional Midwifery Care offers low-cost yet Holistic and comprehensive childbirth care:
Standard Fee is $3000.00
(for Mississippi families and those within and hour of my location)
- Initial Interview between the Parents and the Birth team.
- Childbirth Classes (five class series)
- Holistic prenatal care including nutritional counseling, health assessment, and birthing options planning.
- Appointments that are 1 hour in length
- Informed consent; all techniques and routines will be fully explained before performing; this includes during prenatals, birth, and postpartumly.
- Birthing Options' Client Notebook written by Renata Hillman, CPM
- Lending Library of information, books and videos/DVD’s
- On call 24 hours, 7 days a week for circumstances requiring immediate attention
- One home visit by 37 weeks of pregnancy
- Continuous care during labor, birth, and immediate postpartum.
- Use of Labor/Water Pool
- Complete newborn assessment after the birth
- Birthing Options' Footprint Keepsake
- Six weeks of postpartum care for Mother and Baby ; including 1 home visit during the first week and 3 office visits (during the period between 1 to 6 weeks)
- Breastfeeding support
Questions to Ask Your Potential Caregiver
- How long have you served?
- How many births have you attended? What was your role at each of those births? Primary, Assistant, Doula, Friend, Mother, etc.
- What are your protocols for emergencies?
- What is the radius of your clients from you?
- What complications and skills do you have experience with? Breeches, VBAC's, twins, hemorrhage, shoulder dystocia, etc.
- Where did you train?
- What does your fee include? Prenatal visits, labor attendance, birth attendance, postpartum visits, newborn assessments, breastfeeding counseling.
- Do you have a refund policy? In the event, you miss the birth while you are unavailable; or you discharge me during pregnancy.......
- Do you teach or offer childbirth classes?
- Can I have some references?
- Are they CPR certified?
- Are they Neonatal Resuscitation Certified?
- Do they have any licenses, certifications, or permits that apply to the services you are seeking?
- How many births each month do they month? Specifically your due month?
- How many births have they missed in the past 5 years/annually? Why? Do they give a refund if they missed the birth because of their other obligations or distance?